from President, Simon Davies
During these uncertain and unprecedented times, Spectra is committed to following the UK Government and scientific advice relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that this advice will evolve as the Country moves through the stages of this pandemic and we will adapt our response, directives and ongoing support to our members of staff in accordance with that advice.
We will communicate changes to our procedures as and when they occur.
Our primary concern and responsibility is to ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of our staff, customers and suppliers. To observe our duty, protect those individuals and support the government’s instruction to “Stay at home, Protect the NHS and Save Lives”, the majority of our workforce are currently working from home. In order to carry out critical tasks essential to the continued operation of Spectra, the remaining members of staff will only attend Spectra facilities when required, where the necessary social distancing and safety measures are in place and observed.
While adhering to the UK Government set guidelines, it is also imperative that we continue to provide our customers with products, services and support. Particularly to Defence and Government customers who are diligently maintaining our safety and security whilst deployed on operations.
To ensure this happens:
- Our 24/7 Network Operations Centre continues to be operational and ready to support deployed customers globally.
- We are continuing to manufacture products while adhering to social distancing requirements and health & safety guidelines, to ensure we can meet demand.
- Our logistics department is operating a limited service (with limited manning) to receive supplies and to ship orders.
- Support for ongoing Projects continues remotely.
- Meetings are being conducted virtually, and all non-essential travel has been suspended.
These are extraordinary times, and Spectra has invoked its Business Continuity Plan, which is proving to be robust and effective. We are, and remain committed to, rigorously enforcing the necessary measures laid down by the experts and the UK Government to protect our staff, customers and suppliers. We do so while maintaining effective and efficient business operations, enabling us to continue delivering first-class products, services and support.